Working out on a recumbent exercise bike has similar benefits as those provided by cycling on a standard bike. For instance, regular workouts on your recumbent bike improve heart health, they help you burn unhealthy body fat, and they lead to increased strength.
Unlike your regular bike, recumbent exercise bikes are thoughtfully designed to enhance comfort as well as reduce knee and hip strain while you engage in a workout. We have examined the best recumbent exercise bikes, their features, pros, and cons, with the intention of helping you purchase the best type.
The Best Recumbent Exercise Bikes You Can Buy This Year
1. Schwinn 270
Schwinn 270 is a suitable option for beginners as well as advanced fitness enthusiasts who weigh up to 300lb. This recumbent exercise bike features a backlit LCD monitor that lets you keep track of important metrics like time and distance traveled, heart rate, and calories burnt.
- You will want to buy the Schwinn 270 because it has 27 levels of resistance, an adjustable padded seat for comfort, backrest, USB port for charging, and transport wheels.
- This bike is the best recumbent exercise bike for beginners and advanced fitness enthusiasts as it comes with 29 workout programs meant.
- It costs $399.99.
2. Exerpeutic 900XL
The exerpeutic 900XL recumbent stationary bike features the step thru design that is used in a stationary bike stand to let you get on and off the bike easily and a sturdy frame that accommodates users weighing up to 300lbs.
Besides its superior design, Exerpeutic 900XL also features an 8-level magnetic tension control that lets you adjust the difficulty of your workout and an easy to read LCD that enables you to keep an eye on your speed, heart rate, and other information.
- You might want to buy the bike because it comes with a three-year manufacturer warranty. This covers you against defects and an adjustable seat and backrest that gives you the comfort you need while working out.
- It costs $149.99.
3. PROGEAR 555LXT
PROGEAR 555LXT recumbent bike is an excellent option for fitness enthusiasts who want to customize their working session. Depending on your fitness goals, it lets you set up the cycling time, distance, and the calories you want to burn.
Other useful features on this recumbent exercise bike include an easy to read LCD, 14- levels of magnetic tension control, transportation wheels, and a tablet holder. The recumbent bike accommodates users weighing up to 250lbs.
- Most users purchase PROGEAR 555LXT because it has a one-year warranty.
- Also, its padded seat and backrest are comfortable and adjustable.
- Its pedals have foot straps to hold your feet.
- It costs $155.14.
4. Sunny Health SF-RB 4616 Recumbent Bike
Sunny Health SF- RB 4616 is a feature-rich recumbent exercise bike for beginners and pros weighing up to 300lbs. This recumbent bike features a generously padded seat that allows for backward and forward adjustments, a padded backrest to support your back, and pedals with foot straps.
Sunny Health SF- RB 4616 also features an 8-level magnetic tension for adjusting the difficulty of your workout, an LCD screen to monitor your workout progress, and a three-year warranty.
- The recumbent bike’s transport wheels let you relocate it quickly.
- It costs $166.74.
5. Nautilus R616 Recumbent bike
Nautilus R616 is a feature-rich recumbent exercise bike for those who love using it in style. Some outstanding features on this recumbent bike include a Bluetooth connectivity that lets you sync your smartphone with the exercise equipment and a dual track high-resolution backlit LCD.
Furthermore, this recumbent bike has 29 workout programs, a USB port, and 25 levels of resistance. It comes with a contoured and padded seat with a backrest to keep you comfortable. Besides comfort, you can also adjust the seat backward or forward.
- This recumbent bike has a 10-year warranty on frame.
- You will work with integrated acoustic speakers that let you listen to music, and pedals with foot straps to hold your feet in position.
- It costs $506.57.
6. Marcy NS- 716R recumbent exercise bike
Marcy NS- 716R is a fully adjustable recumbent exercise bike that fits different users with a weight limit of 300lbs. The recumbent bike features a digital tracking system that lets you keep an eye on your workout program and 8- tension adjustments to increase or reduce the difficulty of your workout.
- Its height-adjustable mold- injected seat and backrest keep you comfortable during a long workout.
- Other excellent features on this recumbent bike include the transport wheels, a cup holder for your water bottle, and foam covered handles for enhanced comfort.
- It costs $179.99.
7. Fitness Reality X- Class 410
Fitness Reality’s recumbent exercise bike is constructed from a sturdy steel frame to accommodate users who weigh up to 350lbs. It is the best exercise bike for seasoned athletes as it has 32 levels of resistance and 12 preset programs to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Its height-adjustable dual backlit LCD screen lets you monitor important readouts such as your heart rate and calories burned. Unlike in other exercise bikes, this bike’s seat utilizes the airsoft technology that provides the necessary comfort you need when working out.
- You can also adjust the seat’s height according to your size.
- Users recommend this bike because it comes with a backrest and a lifetime warranty on its frame.
- It costs $561.00.
8. Exerperutic 400XL
Exerpeutic 400XL is a foldable bike that supports a weight limit of 300lbs. As such, this exercise bike would be an excellent option if you have limited storage space. The bike’s semi-recumbent design lets you get on or off the bike easily.
- Other useful features on this folding recumbent exercise bike include the 8 level magnetic tensions for adjusting the intensity of a workout and an LCD screen to track the progress of your workout.
- The bike also has foot straps that hold your feet in position when cycling.
- Its adjustable seat and backrest are generously padded.
- It costs $126.92.
Investing in a recumbent exercise bike is an excellent way to keep physically and mentally fit. Like regular cycling, the recumbent exercise bike workouts help you shed unnecessary weight, they improve your heart health, and they increase your energy levels.
When shopping for the best exercise bike, we suggest that you look for a durable one that can accommodate your weight, has a reasonably padded and adjustable seat, a well-contoured backrest, an LCD monitor, and a generous warranty. The bikes in our list have all these qualities.